Over the 400-year history of our Company, we have received two Grants of Arms, both of which were prepared by the College of Arms in the City of London. The result has been four Coats of Arms as depicted below.
The first Grant of Arms was made in the 17th century to the Tobacco-pipe Makers of London and Westminster and England and Wales.
This was superseded by the second Grant of Arms, made in 1956 to the Company of Tobacco Pipe Makers and Tobacco Blenders.
In 2020, the College of Arms granted a Letters Patent to make a change to our Coat of Arms. We believe that our new Coat of Arms is an appropriate icon to carry our Company into the future.
Our original Company motto was ‘Let Brotherly Love Continue’. This was changed to ‘Producat Terra’ (May the earth provide) when we received our second Grant of Arms in 1956.